Vivienne Westwood Launch, Tory Burch Fashion Show Among Events Planned For Celebration
Beijing’s Shin Kong Place (新光天地), home to brands like Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs, Kenzo and DVF, this week launched a 10-day-long fourth anniversary celebration. Running through April 24, the celebration will include a number of firsts, from the opening of Vivienne Westwood’s first Beijing location to an exclusive Tory Burch runway show to the launch of a new MCM boutique. Over the course of the next few months, according to Shin Kong Place, a grand total of 92 new brands will enter the mall, with 15 of them making their China debut and 78 making their Beijing debut. These debuts will include 11 flagship stores and 50 new concept stores.
In addition to the marquee events, foremost of which is the opening of Vivienne Westwood’s boutique, brands like Club Monaco, agnès b., and Y-3 will have special promotions. Among the other brands that plan to either launch new stores or hold special events between today and the 24th include:
- German jewelry brand Niessing: Unveiling its China flagship.
- Swiss watch brand Audemars Piguet: Opening its first Beijing location.
- Italian apparel brand Kiton: Beijing new concept store.
- Korean high-end cosmetics brand Sulwhasoo (previously on Jing Daily): Second Beijing location.
- Revived German handbag maker MCM (previously on Jing Daily): New location.