Launched in 2009, Jing Daily is the leading authority for daily news and analysis on luxury consumer trends in the China market.
Journalists, marketers, entrepreneurs, and individuals seeking to understand the complex and rapidly growing Chinese consumer market look to Jing Daily for fresh and accurate insights.
Jing Daily’s core team is bilingual, bicultural, and headquartered in Manhattan, a top destination for luxury consumers. In addition, we call on a global network of regular contributors and freelancers from Shanghai to Paris, Hong Kong to London, and beyond.
Jing Daily is the media’s source: we are regularly quoted as a trusted industry voice on The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Washington Post, BBC, CNN, Financial Times, The Independent (UK), The Atlantic, Harper’s Bazaar, Forbes, Business of Fashion, Quartz, Skift, The Gloss, and Luxury Society.
Jing Daily. The business of luxury and culture in China.
Jing Daily is seeking a dynamic part-time writer based in China to contribute to its coverage of the business of luxury and culture in China. The new contributor should possess not only a deep commitment to story structure and clarity in writing, but also superior analytical skills in relation to business and marketing, a deep knowledge of both Chinese language and culture, sharp interview skills, and a strong interest in the luxury industry as it relates to China.
- Produce a curated morning news brief with the day’s top stories related to the Chinese luxury sector that includes analytical commentary
- Keep up to date with, attend, and report on luxury-related events including business seminars, trade shows, retail launches, runway shows, openings, and more
- Closely follow Chinese-language news and social media as it relates to the luxury industry in China
- Write at least three assigned or original articles a week
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills in the topics of business and luxury
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research in Chinese
- Strong familiarity with the luxury industry in China from a business and marketing perspective, including areas related to culture, fashion, lifestyle, and leisure.
- Tech-savvy and well-versed in Chinese-language digital and social media marketing, including mobile apps
- Experience using a content management system, preferably WordPress
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-3 years of experience in writing, the luxury industry, or both
Please send at least three relevant writing samples, a resume, and cover letter to Liz Flora at email@example.com with the subject line “China Correspondent”.
Fall 2013 Editorial Internship (Now accepting applications)
- Excellent written English with web-based writing experience
- Ability to read/conduct research in Chinese
- An interest in business, luxury, culture, and/or fashion as they relate to China
- Social-media savvy; experience with Chinese social media such as Sina Weibo and WeChat a plus
- In college, graduate school, or recent graduate
- Experience with a content management system (especially WordPress) a plus; basic html a plus
- Pitch and write articles
- Perform copyediting duties
- Upload stories, photos, and multimedia through WordPress
- Provide research assistance on stories
- Monitor relevant media coverage in both Chinese and English, including Chinese-language social media
- Assist with social media strategies
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three clips (can be from published work or a personal website) in PDF format to Liz Flora at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall 2013 Editorial Internship”.